tirsdag 19. januar 2010

Yesterday, late at night, my father told me that someone had found my phone and delivered it to a store at the university, and that they had called him. Today I went to fetch it. I have it now.

Yesterday, other unfortunate events happened too. I injured my foot and it is now swollen. A light bulb exploded in my room. I have a hypothesis that nice things were supposed to happen to Geir, but a disruption in time-space continuum led to that, instead of something nice, something bad happened. Someone in the future invented a machine that would target and sabotage someone in the past: me. Why? I don't know.

An alternative hypothesis is that Geir in a parallel universe did something unethical and that karma punished the wrong Geir in the wrong parallel universe. I'm pretty sure karma has no reason to punish me, in this universe.

Do my blog reader(s) have any suggestions to why some people seem to be more unfortunate than others? Is it an illusion to think that some people are more unfortunate?

4 kommentarer:

  1. Maybe it just is your mind set. Maybe good things happened that very day, but you choose to ignore them. Instead you decided to only aknowledge the unfortunate events that happened. And thus you think you are cursed. So Your real question should be: Why do I not notice the good things that are happening?

    SvarSlett
  2. Maybe it's the mindset, or maybe misfortune is real. What if you threw a dice, and you knew that the preferred outcome was to get 6, while the least preferred outcome was to get 1, and you experienced to get 1, hundred times in a row. Then you experienced that someone else threw the same dice and got 6, hundred times in a row. Would you not say that you were unfortunate, or maybe you would assume that something supernatural had happened?

    SvarSlett
  3. It would be impossible to get 100 straight throws of sixes. But it would be possible to focus on the fact that you didn't get as many sixes as you wanted. Or even worse; you could choose to focus only on the number of ones you threw, and thus stay unhappy and miserable. In the long run everybody will throw an equal number of sixes and ones. It is up to you to choose wich of these numbers you want to recognise, and put emphasis on. I.e. Some human beings are extremly positive and choose to focus only on the good, even when bad things happen ( i chopped of my finger with an axe, but at least i got nine fingers left! Jippi!)

    SvarSlett
  4. It's not impossible to get 100 straight throws of sixes, but the probability for it to happen is very low. Ok, it may be just the mind set. Apparently adverse events, may show to be fortunate in the long run. To think like that is more positive?

    SvarSlett

Hvem kan bli årets kommentator mon tro...