mandag 11. januar 2010

Status sports...

According to poll, noone of geirknappen blog readers cares about sports, but I am going to write about it anyway just to bother my most dedicated, and almost only blog reader: JakobR. In a post late November, I wrote that I had begun with sports: qwan ki do and underwater rugby (uwr). Geir + uwr is the most unsuccessful combination: the water in the swimming pool is too cold, and I always start to freeze after about 30 minutes, no matter how active I am. In addition: I am not so clever at holding my breath. If you thought uwr; wrestling with scantily clad people to get a ball and put it in a goal, was a bit erotic, then you were wrong, very wrong. Anyway... I plan to participate once a week.

Geir + Qwan ki do is a less unsuccessful combination. I used to look forward to it for a period. The dance-like ting I learned, is not a dance, but a pattern, and it has a purpose: it helps you remember the moves. The master often sent me to corner to practise these patterns, since I was a little behind when it came to knowing them. Today I was a little disappointed when I learned that the master had taught me wrong, at least some details were wrong. "You were not supposed to move your left arm first, instead of the right arm", and so on. I hereby confirm that I know no patterns technically correct. There will be a sports gathering on 27th of February, and the master has for the occasion given me the honorable task to demonstrate how to be beaten up by my qwan ki do -fellowmen.


...


The book... I have had an idea for the book lately: to find a general rule for what kind of conditions that is needed for something to fail or succeed. I have only found some conditions for failure: Noone has taught you have to succeed. Someone have taught you wrong. The chance that you would find out for yourself what had to be done to succeed, was limited. The ambitions were to big; more than one should expect. I am open to suggestions from my blog readers.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Hvem kan bli årets kommentator mon tro...