onsdag 27. januar 2010

Touchy subjects part 2

I got one reader form Pakistan, that is nice. I think it was because of the touchy subjects, so here comes touchy subjects part 2. What can be more touchy subject than the Muhammad cartoons controversy? Well, how about the Arab–Israeli conflict, Israeli–Palestinian conflict, and Israeli settlement? What does geirknappen think?

The 8th commandment says: "You shall not steal". Israel, as I see it, is stealing land from the Palestinians (1), and hinder the Palestinians form getting help (1,2). Isn't it typical with religion that people say they belong to a religion, but are not really listening to what the message of the religion really is? Anyway... to me it seems like it's Israel with their actions, that is asking for trouble.


4 kommentarer:

  1. You could make an attempt on giving your thoughts on how to solve the Arab-Israeli conflict.

    SvarSlett
  2. Well... I know that there has been many attempts to contribute with peace proposals in the area. Even Japan have tried. I do not have enough knowledge of the current situation to come with a good proposal, but it is obvious that new Israeli settlements in Palestinian areas will make the situation worse. A complete stop to all planned new Israeli settlement would be a good start. Maybe Israelis should do something nice for Palestinians?

    SvarSlett
  3. لماذا أنت تتحدث عن هذه المواضيع

    SvarSlett
  4. هل تفضل أن لا يأبه به أحد؟ لم أكتب شيئا أن مفاجأة لك؟

    I used web-based translation... It gave me: "Why are you talking about these subjects?" I tried to write: "Would you prefer that noone cared? Did I write something that upset you?"

    If noone tries to think of ways to make peace, then maybe the conflict will last for many generations. By the way...I think there are many examples in history where war could have been avoided.

    Remember that it is better to write in English. I do not care about English spelling errors (as long as I can understand what you're trying to say)

    SvarSlett

Hvem kan bli årets kommentator mon tro...