fredag 13. august 2010

What I think would be the perfect linux distro (2010)

It should look like this:  



*But it should also be easy to customize the way you wish.

*It should focus on being solid. Never ever crash.

*Focus on supporting as much hardware as possible. Supports a lot of printers. Keyboard and mouse never freeze. S-video works perfectly. Sound drivers, usb, wireless, everything: perfect.

*Standard programs: F-spot, Firefox, Pidgin, Open Office, VLC

* Have a nice beautiful boot screen.

Must be popular enough, so that I can install and use Opera browser.


I have only used ubuntu 9.04, 9.10, 10.04. Of these, I liked 9.04 the best, and I still use it. In October, 9.04 will no longer be supported. I have noticed that ubuntu 10.10 will come with a new installer,  and new sound indicator. That looks good, but if that to many thing are not working, that should be working, like hardware, and keyboard keys,  I guess I will give up on ubuntu, and maybe give centos (community enterprise operating system) a chance.

 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Hvem kan bli årets kommentator mon tro...