lørdag 5. desember 2009

I notice that the most popular topic in my blog, based on the number of comments, is related to computer games. So I ask myself: is it possible to say something wise about computer games? What makes me like a game? Is it well spent time to play games?

Ok... What makes me like a game? First a list of games I like...

1* Well... I like the "God of war" series, because they have an interesting story, and the sound and graphics are very good. The creators have been creative, and it does not look like any other games released at that time. This game sets a standard that one would compare other games to. The only "minus" is that it's a one player game and once it's solved (in less than a week), it is probably not played again.

2* I like a game called "Mass effect". Its the only game I know of where one can travel to many solar systems in the milky way galaxy. Graphics and sound are very good. Its "minus" is similar to the god of war "minus".

3* The "Splinter cell" game series are good. The graphics are good: if one shoot a light bulb the
room will get dark, and then one puts on night vision goggles. The stories are relatively realistic.

4* The "Metal gear" game series are also good games. It's similar to "splinter cell", but with a much less realistic story. A "plus" compared SC, is that one does not necessary need to sneak all the time: one can go nuts and attack with a grenade launcher, and just eat rations when wounded.

5* Top sound and graphics are not always the most important. "Sacrifice" is a good game. To put it simple: I like the creativity.


The games mentioned so far are basically one player games. To make a good multiplayer game seems to be more difficult. I don't like typical car games, first person shooter games and sport games that much, but many multiplayer games are just that. The type of multiplayer game I like:

6* "Micro machines" for playstation: cars with weapons.

7* "Roll cage": cars with weapons.

8* "Soul blade/calibur": nice graphics

9* "Command and conquer" games (generals: zero hour, tiberian sun)

10*Hon: it's fun to see what the different heroes does. A wizard frog hero, a hero that grows acid plants, a hero that gathers minotaur allies in the forest and so on...

Ok... that all I can remember for now. I probably should have mentioned many more games. Back to the question: Is it well spent, or waste of time to play games? Well, thats like asking if watching movies are waste of time. If one play a game or watch a movie one likes, one get entertained and it could improve inspire ones creativity. If its a bad movie or game, it could problably be waste of time. Conclusion: to be entertained can be well spent time.

Nb! games I forgot to mention: Oddworld series: Abe's Oddysee, Munch's Oddysee. Prince of persia: warrior within and the two thrones (upcoming movie). Final fantasy 7. ++++

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Hvem kan bli årets kommentator mon tro...